Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cornfused!! Yes, I said Corn..fused.

ZippoVarga

Ok...Here we have two identical 64 LL's with this one exception. What's up with the extra pulley from the BGB drive pulley on the second picture? I'm not a dunce. I know it's for some implement. But...We have a front PTO, a mid PTO and a rear PTO. This one's between the mid and rear....or is this the elusive rear PTO every one keeps wanting? And no....I will not take it off and ship it to you for a closer inspection...lol. As can be seen...this pulley stays live weather the cluch is depressed or engaged.

Another thing......one of the LL's has a blank serial number tag. I don't mean it's been rubbed clean. I mean there were never any numbers stamped into the space provided on the decal. IF there were I would be able to see the impression to some degree weather it was rubbed clean or not. Any help?? The LL WITH OUT the serial number, which is the one with out the extra pulley, also still has the pattent fabric tape like sticker firmly afixed just in front of the black and chrome type decal with the model and serial number tag. This indicates to me that this LL, along with many other well preserved parts, is a time capsule of sorts. Meaning it's all original and everything is VERY tight. Like from the factory bought new now tight. I can get pics if any one thinks it will help.

Zippo, I asked the same question recently about my 2012. See http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=85095 It is a right side pulley to run a leaf vac or the 1500w generator.

Peter...Not sure about the man sleeping on the job when this one came through the line...lol. Thanks Bill. I hadnt been able to compare it to another so it never dawned on me untill this other 64 LL showed up. Sean

Something else about that new LL that surprised me a little. Although it has a terrible attempt at a re-paint, the gas tank still has the decal on it. Of the 6 60's vintage Simplicities i've had the pleasure of owning, this one is the only one with that decal, not to mention the only one i've seen. After I finish the Sovereign, since there's now a spare LL, I'm going to restore the new to me LL. Yep...I've got the bug now. I just never imagined the results would out weigh the need to keep them in service. Well...enough rambling. Stay tuned to the Sovereigns updates. I wont meet my goal of getting it done in a month, but it will be a show stopper I hope.