Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

707 NO Spark

MarksA-C

I am getting really close to showing my 707. First I need it to start. Its getting gas and compression, but no spark. No spark no matter what I did. Could the engine not be grounded to the frame or electronics? Its set up the simple way with a wire from the On/Off switch to the engine. NO starter. Could the paint be keeping everything from connecting? Mark-

All dressed up and she won't go? Disconnect the wire from your on/off switch from the points for testing. (you'll have to kill it now by popping the plug wire off) if still no spark, verify points are opening and closing ok. Engine was running when removed? Where you into the engine (like heat shrouds off) ?

Remove the ignition system from the kill wire, as duckman said, then test again. If still no spark, and your points are operational and test good, you have a bad coil. If so, take the opportunity to go solid state, but that is JMHO- Hope you get it figured out- Andy