Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

diesel update! finished for now!!!!!

ehertzfeld

Well I started out by trying to fix the shuttle out of the 7013 that I had a wile back. Well as you can see...........it boken!:O:(

Well with one phone call and a quick trip to my bud Rob's house I got a replacment shuttle.:DdOd I spent the afternoon swapping the trans. I also mounted the remote oil filter. I still have a ton of reinforcing to do before I start the loader/fork lift leg of this project. But for now, it will do. I'm going to put a plow on it over the winter to see how it will do under a heavy load. Being around a 4hp, I'm not too sure how it will do. I do need to play with the adjustment on the shuttle but it drive fine. It tends to creep wile in neutral. I remounted the alternator and wired it better. Seems to work great. After looking at the pictures, I don't like the stack muffler. It looks too small, no? I'll have to look around and see what I can come up with. Oh I mounted the oil filter after I took these pictures.dz:D

I doubt two of us are going to have the same opinion but I think he exhaust is fine, maybe a couple of inches too much pipe under the muffler. For a 4 HP it might look a little bogus to have a 40HP muffler, but it is your tractor. The engine, air cleaner, etc does look like it has always been there, I like the look. That's the oil filter hanging down lookin' to snag on a stump? I'm really curious to hear how it runs under load. I don't think you'd want to attempt this with a 4HP gas engine! nice work -Don

Hmmm this ought to be interesting. I bet that thing will push just fine, diesel usually means torque and lots of it ! Looking like a first rate repower BTW!^8D

Like Duckman I think the muffler's fine, but I too think maybe it needs less pipe underneath & maybe more on the top. But as-is is ok too.

This is one of the most jaw dropping things I have seen yet. Everything fits nicely and it works. Looks like, since the diesel pumps fuel, you rotated the fuel tank so it draws from the side instead of bottom. You must have a pickup tube in the tank. My (novice) opinion would be to drive it and see if the stack exhausts the diesel fumes away from the driver as it is. Gas exhaust is sweet compared to diesel. My understanding is you get tired of being in way of diesel exhaust real quick.

Well after hearing what some thought about the muffler, I took the IH cub muffler I was saving for the 3012H project. I put it it on tonight with the rain cap. It looks a lot better. I'll take a few pictures tomarow.
quote:
you rotated the fuel tank so it draws from the side instead of bottom. You must have a pickup tube in the tank
I'm sorry to say that you are completely wrong on this one. That small tube at the top of the tank, is the return line. The tank is in it's stock position. It feeds the pump by the regular tube in the bottom of the tank. I had to drill the tank at the top for the return.
quote:
Everything fits nicely and it works.
Well it dose work! fits in nicely? Well I don't know about that one, but thanks.

Looks to me like rust was the damage causer of your tranny, kinda like the one in the Big ten I was into last winter. Tractor looks good.

Needs a chrome stack, Elon!:O Seriously, nice ride, looks like it should do about everything you need to do with it!