Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-207

D-boy

I wanted to share a picture of our B-207 Allis Chalmers that was given to us. The tractor was ready for the scrap pile as far as anyone was considered. The tractor was basically a frame with the rear wheels. After a lot of sanding, painting and hunting down parts here it is.

The front tires as well as the tie rod came off a junk Murry perfect fits. The 11 hp as well as the foot plates came off a junk sears. The engine was perfect fit no modifications needed other than cables and wiring. The foot rest I had to cut down and build a bracket under tractor to hold them on. This tractor also has a double pulley to redirect the belt to the rear end. Could not find original equipment so I went to the local shop and ordered two new pulleys which you can no longer get the correct size to fit the shaft so I went to a friend who has access to a lathe and custom built new shaft. We took the two pulleys and welded them together and installed so far so good. We decided that we wanted a bigger tire on the back so we tracked down a set of solid rims (not exactly what I wanted) that we had to cut a hole in the rim so that we could drill a hole through the shaft running through the rim. We have enjoyed playing with this tractor and it gives me and my son a hobby we can enjoy together.