Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Nigel

Tractor Identification

Nigel
Hi to all in the group, first off I appologise to any one who finds this topic already fully explored. My problem is trying to determine the year and model number for my Powermax tractor. I will assume nothing for now and provide the details that can be collected from the name plates. On the manufactures plate for the tractor I can just make out the numbers 920 1004 (note that there is a gap as indicated between the numbers. Whether there is a some numbers missing or that cannot be read is not clear. The engine model/Spec number is a CCKB-MS/2420H, the serial number is 0772440285. Now I've been through the site many times searching for information that will let me make sense of the info I have, but to no avail. Following a thread to my previous question about front axles I believe it could be a 4041 or an early 9020. Perhaps someone can help. By the way I live in Somerset, England so not sure if export tractors would have used different numbering system? regards to all Nigel

gregc
Hi Nigel, Your tractor is a 4041 Pow'r Max. The MFG number is 990920 and the Serial number is 1004. The only way I know to get close to dating the tractor is to use the serial number from the engine if it is original to the tractor. I believe your engine was manufactured in July of 1972 (first four numbers of engine serial no.) so I would guess that the tractor was manufactured in 1972 or 1973. Parts Manual for your tractor: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1370_00_XX_S.pdf

BLT
According to the engine type number furnished, the tractor that used them were, Series MY MFG # 4041 - 1973 - 990954 4041 - 1973 - 990953 Pow'r Max- 1974 - 990953 Pow'r Max- 1974 - 990954 Model years could start at least 6 months prior to caledar years so the new year showing would coincide with the calendar year.

DMedal
I missed the part about you being a new member, Nigel. Welcome. And we'll try to remember that you're a bit too far to be driving over here to pick up parts. (we had that issue/mistake with a member in Sweden as I recall). You're going to love this tractor. What work does it do for you? -Don