Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homesteader 8 ID

Mrgoodwrench22

Good evening, just picked up an ebay purchase of 7 mowers which includes 1 sears custom 1 scamp 1 continental 1 637 yoeman 1 5010 sim and 2 homesteader 8's. My question is after viewing the homesteader's in the simpletractor info I notice they have a plastic steering wheel where mine have the three chrome spoke wheel like is on my 110 and 112. Does this make them earlier production year machines or does it mean nothing. Any input on this would be of assistance. thanks from the path of tropical storm Gabriel she wimpered like a kitten.

Yes, yours is an earlier one, likely a 1971. There were 2 versions, I don't remember where the serial # breaks were for the change. I have one of the earlier ones myself. I found this in the gallery, it shows both models. http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/homesteader.htm

Thanks Chris after I posted last night I saw the two different one's in the gallery. After seeing them and your profile pic, mine are like yours with the chrome wheel and black lettering on white background decals. Thanks jeff.