Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 714S Front PTO Cone

SteveinOhio

In my original post a month or two ago I thought I had a AC 914, however it was actually a 714. The front clutch cone I have is for the 1" drive shaft, but mine is 1 1/8". There was an adaptor kit I saw, that substituted parts so that the cone would fit the 1 1/8" shaft. It doesn't look like it would take too much machining to make the 1" parts fit. Has anyone done that?? Thanks in advance Steve in Ohio

Just a note: I am not aware that there ever was an actual/original 714. At least I have never seen or heard of one. Now you could have a 14hp in a 700 series tractor. But it is not orginal. Good Luck with the front clutch conversion.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeES
Just a note: I am not aware that there ever was an actual/original 714. At least I have never seen or heard of one. Now you could have a 14hp in a 700 series tractor. But it is not orginal. Good Luck with the front clutch conversion.
Mike, you could be right, but there is one listed in the Large Frame Repair Manual and in EMPARTweb Electronic Parts Catalog. MFG #1690396 - 714S, 14HP KOH Shuttle.