Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Simpleton7016

Weekend Hauls - very dissapointed

Simpleton7016
I always look forward to Monday and Tuesday to see what y'all were able to grab over the weekend. I think this is the first weekend I can remember where y'all got skunked! Me thinks it is time to regroup and re-double your efforts. I am sure I am not the only member who lives vicariously through the rest of you! C'mon guys, let's focus a little more on yard shopping and a little less on your honeydo task list! Crickets....all I hear is crickets. I am so disappointed!

Karl_Brandt
My nephew kept me busy on Saturday. Working a MF1450 & taking apart a Tecumseh 13hp engine. I did go to a Simplicity dealer to look at a few tractors but they were closed. And picking up leaves & a few other things.On Sunday it rained all day up here. Karl

DMedal
quote:
Originally posted by RBE17
I guess I'll have to take a picture of my Danco loader and Brantley backhoe I picked up for my 9020.
Yeah, that should get his vicarious juices flowing! -Don

joshuaareed
I spent all day Sunday trying to find my tool bench and the floor in my garage. I got the snowblower in the pic for free from a friend, and it even runs.I am gonna get started on rebuilding the old bolens plow to fit on my A/C 314D

joshuaareed
Thank you, It is nice to be able to find things again. Now if I can get my two kids to put their toys and bicycles back where they got them from. It's not fair that I have to share my garage with my kids.

ZippoVarga
Well...My weekend included helping a buddy out. A three month old "side of the road" find by me which yielded my buddy a very nice addition to his GT14 Wheel Horse which I also located for him and even provided him a TRADE tractor so that he got the GT14 free of charge.(Don't wory..the trade tractor was free to me also...A story for another time) . A free to me, then free to him, leaf vac head unit complete with a poorly running, yet repairable, gold series 5hp briggs (rings), ample tubing and even the rear Tach a Matic hitch and the discharge pick up chute. Well....what's he missing?...... The collection trailer materials. An old sulkey, angle iron from a 300 gallon gravity fed oil drum frame that was on my property when I originally purchased it 7 years ago (Which goes to show you....Never throw anything away...lol), left over 24 inch wide flashing material that the company I hired to do my roof left behind, galvenized green house 5/8ths window actuator bar aka galvenized water line with out the NPT threads that was a deomlition find, a 13/16ths tongue and groove sheet of sub flooring left over from my loft project 5 years ago in which it was first used as a portable motorcycle platform, along with donated iron from the afore mentioned oil tank iron that was put in a horse trailer to get his and my bikes to Florida for the 03 Bike Week in Daytona, and a good deal of imagination and ingenuity on our part to put all this stuff together to make a rolling rigid platform and back board for the soon to be completed collection trailer. Moral of the story.....Albeit.....NOT a weekend of immediate aquisitions, immediate road side salvations or immediate great hauls that were a result of THIS weekends posts....It was a devoted weekend for our passion. And it included a vast variety of various aquisitions that, ironically, bore no out of pocket expense. I call that an interesting tractor related weekend. Oh......it did put the brakes on getting much done with the Sovereign. But....if we all had a time line that we refused to wane from then, IMHO, nothing would get done on time. :p Sean aka ZippoVarga

DMedal
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Gee Marty, if you would drag one of those Eskimo women home you wouldn't be worried about scoring another tractor. :D
Oh man. At the risk of starting a dispute that belongs in the BRL, I don't think a woman would be a satisfactory substitute for a few good tractors. Nor vice versa. -DM