Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

What is the length of a snowplow lift rod for a B-

Kent
Could someone measure their lift rod for a B-series light-duty snow/dozer blade and let me know how long it is? I mistakenly let mine go with another blade I sold, and need to fabricate one... Duh!

John_RI
Looks like you might have it by now Kent but I found it and I'm going to try and post it as a link just to see if it works. Good luck! John(ri)[A href='http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/763/53/27635347.jpg']http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/763/53/27635347.jpg[/a]

Kent
Gee! You guys are super -- and fast! It's the 20" measurement I needed. I felt like a real dummy... I pulled the snowthrower off and put the blade on to clear up the ice/crud remaining from our 2' of snow Monday evening, only to find out the lift rod I thought fit it does not. I sold another blade back in the early summer and I guess the correct rod went with it. I have NO clue what this one fits... it's not the correct length for the snowthrower either. Dutch, can I put your info in the DIY section? Thanks again, everyone! Kent

richp
I use a chain on the snowthrower for my Landlord. I like this setup because with the hydro lift i don't have to put it in float pos., I just lower the blower until theres slack in the chain which tells me it will follow uneven ground.

i was had the same proublem a few years back.and the snow was pileing up!!!.a simple sullution is just a piece of chain.its still on my tractor.

Guest Jef
Chain works great for lifting, but you can't apply down pressure needed at times for stubborn snow or grading.

McGill
New to the club.--Just picked up a 73 4041 with a simpliciity loader.Is there any way i can rig a snow blade on the bucket?Would like to be able to install and remove with out a lot of trouble. Thanks PS. This is a great club.