Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is the length of a snowplow lift rod for a B-

Kent

Could someone measure their lift rod for a B-series light-duty snow/dozer blade and let me know how long it is? I mistakenly let mine go with another blade I sold, and need to fabricate one... Duh!

kent I emailed you a copy of a drawing another club member sent me awile back it is probably the one he is talking about - hope it helps

Looks like you might have it by now Kent but I found it and I'm going to try and post it as a link just to see if it works. Good luck! John(ri)[A href='http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/763/53/27635347.jpg']http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/763/53/27635347.jpg[/a]

Gee! You guys are super -- and fast! It's the 20" measurement I needed. I felt like a real dummy... I pulled the snowthrower off and put the blade on to clear up the ice/crud remaining from our 2' of snow Monday evening, only to find out the lift rod I thought fit it does not. I sold another blade back in the early summer and I guess the correct rod went with it. I have NO clue what this one fits... it's not the correct length for the snowthrower either. Dutch, can I put your info in the DIY section? Thanks again, everyone! Kent

I use a chain on the snowthrower for my Landlord. I like this setup because with the hydro lift i don't have to put it in float pos., I just lower the blower until theres slack in the chain which tells me it will follow uneven ground.

i was had the same proublem a few years back.and the snow was pileing up!!!.a simple sullution is just a piece of chain.its still on my tractor.

• 10 months later...
New to the club.--Just picked up a 73 4041 with a simpliciity loader.Is there any way i can rig a snow blade on the bucket?Would like to be able to install and remove with out a lot of trouble. Thanks PS. This is a great club.