Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower for 7790 (update)

ToddM

I need to know what the part number is for a 42" snowblower for my 7790. I saw one on ebay in Milwaukee and am wondering if it will fit. I asked the seller the Simplicity part number on it and he has yet to get back to me. I just want to be ready when he does. I sold my tractor and the guy put money down and doesn't respond when I call or e-mail him, so I'm going to keep the tractor. Here is the ad, just wanted to know if it will fit my 7790. Looks like the lift rod will have to be modified to clear the fuel filter. Thanks Todd http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-42-Snow-Blower-For-Simplicity-Soveriegn_W0QQitemZ300150291042QQihZ020QQcategoryZ82242QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are many different manufacturing numbers that would fit your tractor. Some are 1690032, 1690548, and 1691522; see http://www.simpletractors.com/what_fits/snowthrowers.htm If the seller doesn't have the manufacturing number, ask for details about the snowblower head and hitch. For the snowblower head, make sure the driven pulley is 7" diameter. The older FDT snowblower heads with a 5" diameter pulley isn't correct, although some people use them on the newer tractors. For the hitch, you want the single pulley style (7100 series hitch); this allows the snowblower to be driven from the center PTO with the long belt. If you want to install a front PTO (I'm assuming you can do that on a diesel) you can use the two pulley with spring tensioner style hitch (7000 series hitch). The two pulley with built in clutch style hitch (FDT hitch) should be avoided IMO. UCD has posted the hitch differences numerous times; a search should easily find them.

Can you post a link to the auction? As stated above the blower heads are the same the only differences are the hitches and the pulley diameter.

38165 is probably the serial number, not the manufacturer number. Please post the url addie for the item. Then we don't have to search eBay and guess if we find the same item. Make it as easy as possible for your responders.

The Sovereign made in 2000 is the same as the 7790. The hitch in the picture is the correct hitch to be used on the 7790. It uses the center PTO The Lombardini Diesel does not have a front PTO shaft.

In my opinion, the starting price on that blower is outrageous Todd! I think both Lloyd Boy and Dave Emmer could set you up with one for half that price. Don't quote me on that though. But I have bought 3 different 42 inch snow throwers in this area and none were more than $200.