Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How high should this deck go?

Vinnie_A

I have a Simplicity 3415 Soverign with the electric lift. In its highest position the right side roller clears the ground by about 1 1/2 inches and the left side roller is barely off the ground.The top of the deck is not hitting the bottom of the tractor. Is there any adjustment or is the lift cable too long? Thanks in advance

Sounds about right based on my experience. Ground clearance also depends on the height the deck is set to mow - if the mow height is high, then the rollers are at the lowest position and ground clearance is less. You can always shorten the lift cable, but be sure it's long enough to allow full free float.

Mine always seem a little lopsided too when lifted in highest position. But on the ground, cuts level. The operators manual should show all the of the adjustments available. If you don't have one download it from Simplicity for free.

The problem with the lift on these decks is the fact they can't be lifted in the middle because of belt. My 3314 with elictric lift is a bit more balanced then the B-112 was. To get a flat lifted deck one would need to design a dual point lift, ie. one on each side of the tractor.

later models 3300 series and later lift much more level than B-series. The B series and other FDT's also tend to pull the deck to the right as the lift point on the tractor is outside the frame and to right of the lift point on the mower. Vinnie, It sounds like your mower is atypical. There is only about 3/16" difference between the right and left sides on my 3414 and it clears the ground about 2.5 inches with the mower in the highest mowing position. Does Your mower lift from the deck belt idler post? Is your electric lift traveling the full distance from block to block?

Thanks guys ,the problem was that the lift cable was somehow too long.I saw no way to adjust it so I used a small crosby cable clamp to make it shorter.The deck now lifts over 3 inches.