Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Well I'm baffled

keifer2k3

Unfortunately that don't take much.. :Q Anyway here's my 6216 story. I get a 6216V from a guy about 3 weeks ago who says trannys not working right. He says you put it in reverse and it goes into 3rd, 1st goes into R, 2nd into R and 3rd goes into R. I get it home and find the primary drive belt chewed up, busted and tangled with secondary belt and the variator's center wall seized in place. I free up the pulley, clean and lube, replace the belt with a 1/2"X 54" true blue belt I purchased locally. I adjusted the clutch, variable speed and brakes per specs. When I ran it, it shifted into each gear properly in it's correct position. It ran way too fast though and the variable speed instantly seemed to lose adjustment or quit working. I find out that I should have a 5/8"X 54". I check locally and he don't have either a true blue or Simplicity belt that size and persuades me to try a "power rated" belt. Well that didn't work :O i don't think I ever went thru the gears... it instantly started sqealing and barking at me...:D Out goes the power rated belt. I end up ordering the correct Simplicity belt online and just got it today. So I put it on, make all the adjustments and take off (with no noice) except.... Reverse goes into 3rd.... 1st goes into reverse, 2nd goes into R... etc...:( Anyone experience anything like this? Have any ideas? This seems like it would be something easy, doesn't it? It definitely went into the correct gears with the 1/2" belt. I'm baffled.

Either not enough or to many not sure witch.:D Maybe it is set up for the tricks you should be doing, You know, A head stand on the seat steering with your feetsm00

quote:
Originally posted by tall-guy2
Sounds to me you got the twist in belt wrong
I second that. Happens to me with the B-series mower decks all the time, blades run backwards due to wrong twist.

OK... I may have had some beers.. :D I'll be takin another look at that today. Seemed like it would only go on one way... its like one of them Chinese puzzles, plus I'm upside down!! Thanks guys! Once again...!!

It is all in the twist of the belt from horizontal to vertical. The belt from the right side of the motor drive pulley goes to the top of the transmission drive pulley. Off from the bottom of the transmission pulley to the left side of the motor drive pulley.
[img]/club2/attach/UCD/4211HDriveBeltRouting.JPG')[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/UCD/4211HDriveBeltRoutingA.JPG')[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/UCD/6000DrivebeltRouting.jpg')[/img]

Ok, It's 9:20pm, 53 degrees out and after reading this post, I still want to go out to "the back 40" with a flashlight, uncover the T811 and see if the belt is twisted the wrong way.:O Is this a sickness?:o) PS - I hope that's it. Thanks guys!