Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally my new toy

ToddM

After months of tossing around the descision to buy or not, I purchased this M35A2 today. I am going to Appleton, WI to pick it up next Sunday.

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Ok I have to ask, what dose one do with somthing like that?????
Come on, Elon. An obvious question, to be sure. But what does one do with 22 garden tractors that you can't do with five? It's the right tool for when the in-law you can't say no to wants your help moving his stuff!

Elon, I have been asked the same question mainly by my wife and a lot of other people, except my 14 year old son. Who I think wants to drive it to school when he can drive. I plan on mainly just driving it to as many shows as I can, keeping it up and running probably is enough of a job all in itself. Parts for it are available still and I can fix anything that goes wrong with it. Kind of my new hobby in addition to my tractor "addiction" as my wife calls it. But she never complains as long as I'm happy. Boy, she is a great wife! Thanks Todd Martin

I personally think you could have alot of fun just driving it around and watching people's reactions. You could take your wife to the drive in movies. You could also fit a whole lot of groceries in the back. LOL!!

I've considered one of those for a wood cutting truck, downside is the bed is a might bit high for loading. Sure would 'get to the wood' nicely.

I have always liked them as a kid my dad drove one when he was in the army & Guard.Does it have the Detroit in it? Ilove the sound of them.

quote:
Originally posted by heartfelt
Ok I have to ask, what dose one do with something like that?????
There great in traffic,everyone get out of the way when you blast away on the horn.}:) Also you might want to start your own army sometime,you'll already have transportation. By the way do you need any old army rifles??:D Good luck with the new toy,have fun.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
I've considered one of those for a wood cutting truck, downside is the bed is a might bit high for loading. Sure would 'get to the wood' nicely.
true but then u could get a hay elavater and use one of your tractores and a v belt to drive it then you wont have to lift at all ^

quote:
Originally posted by ToddM
No Detroit, but it is pretty loud at speed. It has a six cylinder turbocharged multi-fuel Hercules Diesel engine.
The engine should be the same/similar one as in some of the White 2-135 and 2-155 and the Oliver 2150/2050.

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Ok I have to ask, what dose one do with somthing like that?????
Elon, a friend of mine has four of them that he uses for farm trucks. Particularly for sugar beet harvest when the fields can get a little slick and the trucks can't move without the help of a tow tractor. He's stretched the frames to mount 22' dump boxes on them. He's also got one that he uses for a service truck on his farm. Got it set up with a welder, air compressor, tool boxes, acetylene torch, 400 gallon fuel tank, oil tanks, and even a sink with hot and cold running water (parts salvaged from an old camper) to clean up after a dirty job. He also built a "gin pole" to lift equipment when the need arises, using the winch to provide lifting power. With the fuel tank full, he's used it to pull tractors out of the mud. If I can get out of the field long enough this year, I'll get some photos of his units.

quote:
Originally posted by ToddM
No Detroit, but it is pretty loud at speed. It has a six cylinder turbocharged multi-fuel Hercules Diesel engine.
LDT-465-139hp Not a lot of power but made so nobody could tear one up8) These were an interchangeable mil-spec engine built by Continental and White/Hercules. Odd thing is they were developed by M.A.N in Germany and built here under liscense... The "multifuel" engine was designed to operate on Diesel, jet fuel JP-4/8, and gasoline mixed heavy with oil. You'd get a court martial if anything but diesel went in the tank :) Primary difference was hardened plungers in the injector pump. Brent

quote:
Originally posted by Rob-B
Elon think of the camper bodies you could put on that and where you could go to get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
:D:D:D:D:D