Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New tractor. Well.........it is simple!

B-16_IC

Yesterday I made a long journey of a mile or so into town for an auction. My parents were already there, seems bad they live on the other side of the river and they beat me there! Anyway I get there and Dad tells me there is a garden tractor in the back yard for me , of course I went straight to the back yard! There I found this.

It is a Lodge and Shipley Choremaster, I had two of these some years ago that I sold at a swap meet. They did not have engines, but did come with one implement which at the time I could not find. A couple years ago I found it back, [it is the furrower laying beside it in the picture,]so I just had to buy this one!;) It took some intense bidding,&:) I got it for $13! Took it home, put fresh gas in, pulled it 7 or 8 times and it purred like a kitten! Gotta love those old Briggs!

My dad has one of those that was used to cultivate our garden. The only difference is that ours has a round gas tank mounted seperate from the motor, I believe the motor is one of the old 1 1/4 briggs. It has not been started in years but I would bet that fresh gas and a little cleaning and it would fire right up.