Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Roll Pin Removeal ?

MPH

Seeing how I sheared the gear off the right side hub on my Landlord plowing last Sunday

how do I get the leftover roll pins outta the hub? I wire-wheeled the outside of hub clean and found no sing of the holes coming through. Ideas Please. I know someones done it beforesm01

Marty, Nice to know that occasionally I'm right about some things. :) Unfortunately I don't remember what I had to do to remove the sheared roll pins in my B-1 but it couldn't have been much of a problem or I would remember. Some suggestions (even though the pins are spring steel): Easy-out, screw a bolt or sheet metal screw down the center to jack the stub out, slip a "puller" pin or screw in and weld it to stub, use a drill bit slightly larger than the pin ID to see if it will spin out, and ???. The parts book shows both 1/4" dia. and 5/16" dia. roll pins depending upon which PN hub you have. If your hub has 1/4" pins going to the 5/16" pins will gain some strength. On my B-1 I used "double" roll pins. e.g. I put a smaller roll pin inside the stock roll pins after I had assembled the gear to the hub. Good luck and let us know how you finally get the stubs out.

Thanks Willy, never thought of that. Congradulations Roy, you were right on one outta two, though I'm still addmitting the 725 doesn't quite make sence.

As I recall on my B110, I drilled through the center of the roll pin with a small drill and then could drive them out from the back side. Tom45