Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deestone Tires???

4xbill

Anybody hear of these Deestone tires before? Are they imports? Any good?? [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230121301527&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=230098724251&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget"]Deestone Tires ebay[/url]

I have a pair of 23x8.50x12 and to be honest, I don't care for them... I think they'd be OK for traction when mowing on hills or something, but the lugs aren't agressive enough for me for use in snow or dirt... I like using ags on my tractor with snowblade so spinning doesn't scratch the driveway the way chains will...

I have a pair currently on my Deere and when I bought them it was for price there an OK tire, The next ones I buy will be firestone or carlisle Tru powers

I'm running Deestone ags on rear of one tractor & on front of my loader tractor. No problems, they work great for me. Mine are both 4 ply.

I have some ag tires on a 6500 series simplicity. I have a very steep hill in my backyard and the tires allow me to go a 30 degree hill easily. I also use that tractor with a 36 inch snowblower and I can get around in 10 inch snow that is slushy without any issues. My weight on the back end of the tractor is enough to get around without any chains. I like the tires although I don't think I have the most wide rims that the tires would fit on. I think my tires look fairly narrow on that tractor, but so far they work perfectly.

WARNING!I have 23x8.50x12 Deestone rear ags and like them just fine, plus fronts-16x6.50x8 ags, BUT my BIL got a set of 23x10.50x12 ags & they are nowhere near as big as Carlisle ags of the same size. They are about 2" narrower & at least an inch shorter.

quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand
WARNING!I have 23x8.50x12 Deestone rear ags and like them just fine, plus fronts-16x6.50x8 ags, BUT my BIL got a set of 23x10.50x12 ags & they are nowhere near as big as Carlisle ags of the same size. They are about 2" narrower & at least an inch shorter.
Looks like they had a bad conversion chart!:o)

Interesting point on the narrow size?? the deestone ag tires that I purchased do seem really more narrow than I expected. I should measure out the tires and see what is up. Of course the narrow tire actually may be better in the snow putting more pounds per square inch of tire print.. Thanks