Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

720, with loader, 912H, 816, 818 AC chipper shredd

Al

Hi, I have been contacted by a lady in Chattenooga Tenn. She is doing an Estate Sale on Feb 17 and 18. This is what is left in an old AC dealership. They have a 720 with a 700 loader, a blade, a plow 60in deck, a spare rebuilt engine, they don't know if it is a new short block or some machine shop did it, she said it was supposed to be a "factory rebuilt engine' The tractor has not been started for 3 years and the carb is missing on it. They said it turns over and has good compression. It is my impression that they want to sell this as a package. Also a 912H with a 42 inch deck, an 816 with no mower, an 818 with a 48" mower. A lot of parts. 5 0r 6 chipper shredders in the box, Part number 2024728, these are supposed to run off the tractor. I have a call in to Simplicity to see if they can tell me anything about them. If I find out anything I will post it to save them being deluged with calls. They say they are supposed to fit on the front and use a front clutch on the engine. I know nothing about them, but wonder if they were an Allied Equipment item made to fit these tractors by someone else for AC. The lady is supposed to fax me a "sale bill", and I will post the pertinent portions when I get it. I know nothing about these items except talking to the lady and trying to help her out a little. If you have any questions call Pat at 433-344-4747 early mornings or evenings. The sale is at 4027 South Acess Rd. right behind Standard Machine [A big place] Take Bonney Oaks exit off I 75 in Chattenooga Tennessee on Feb 17 and 18th. This is all I know, If anyone is interested look into it Good luck, Al

I would love to go since I am only about 150 miles from Chattanooga but, unfortunately, am booked up the weekend of the 17th & 18th. However, If anyone needs something picked up, and its possible to do so the following weekend (2-24 & 25-01) I can do so. I would be interested in a chipper/shredder if it would fit either a B-1 or a Sovereign. Roy

I would like to know more about these 720s/Powermaxs (I'm assuming they are both the same tractor, no?). I am half tempted to repair and sell my Power King (the transmissions are both jammed in 2nd gear, AGAIN!) and aquire one of these in it's place, thus making our entire fleet all Simps. :) Don

Those front mtd. shredders are for AC 400 series tractors with the electric clutch on the front of the engine I think they were made For AC by gilson. Cal