Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3212V Sovereign(stripes,lights and muffler added)

ZippoVarga

I'm taking tomorrow off to spend the day with my daughters at School and then Wednesday morning I will be finishing up the Sovereign. Here's the past couple days progress.

I have those ags on my tractor and they are fun to play with and pull with. The tractor looks great and I know that you will enjoy it after putting all that hard work into it. Benjamin

Thanks all......Well.....Today didn't pan out like I had planned. Woke up in a lot of pain so I took my daughters to School then back to bed I went. I'm feeling a little better so maybe tomorrow I'll get some time. I did test fire it to make sure everything was OK this evening...It's usually a real good idea to put the oil fill cap on BEFORE you start the engine. But I was impressed at how far the oil went...lol. Frustrated at having gotten this far and not being up to par to finish it today was aggravating but the comic relief of that oil spout at least lightened my mood. And although I did count the holes in the grill, I did NOT measure the distance the oil spewed. But....a guess would be about 6-7 feet. Only lost 2 oz. of oil. Fortunately the engine didn't start right away. So, I put the oil fill cap on, kit the key again and it started immediately. Then it sucked junk into the carb. Another oops...I re-used the old fuel filter because it hadn't been on there long at all before I was talked in to restoring it. I think I had only used it two times to mow and one time to clear an easement for the farmers. But....when you put it on in reverse flow from the original orientation, you find out in a hurry. So...I'll be pulling the carb off to clean it out again. Thanks again for all the kind words. That Majic enamel is some nice stuff. Properly reduced with a good hardener and a good bit of patience while it cures and it's tough as nails. Well, I've got a case of the gabbs tonight thanks to my relaxing meds...lol. Anyhow. Stay tuned....I still have another set of the 7 inch wide wheels to strip and paint. But other than that, everything is painted and the last couple pieces (front grill side plates) are curing. Later!! Sean

If those meds are helping you get that done, then I guess there is SOME good coming from them! Fantastic job on that tractor. What time do you want my B-208 there to be restored, HMMMM??? Ha!

Hey there Skot!! I only work on it a couple hours at a time as time alows. I'm estimating that I have about 65-70 hours in it so far. I missed my hopeful date of the 15th but I'm not pushing my self to get it finished just to get it finished. I want to be able to enjoy it a little when it's done. Talk soon!

Hey Sean It looks great Your doing a Awesome job. It makes me wamt to get into another resto job ( When I finish all the other ones I have going) Keep up the nice work!!:D:D:D

Ok folks! Here's the 3212V we've all been waiting for!!

I still have the front lights, second set of wheels and tires and the muffler stack to go. But the tractor is finished. What an amazing feeling to have completed one of these. This thing had three times the parts and detail to attend to than the Blue Diamond did. Thanks for every one's interest and support while I was working through getting this finished. Even though there's a few details yet to go. They are the details I added after I got the Sovereign. I was able to save most of the decals with the exception of the fender pan decal and the front lower grill decal. I used the landlord 2110 parts donor tractor for the grill, grill housing, lights, seat pan and numerous bolts, retainers, correct wires with the heat covers on them and other miscellaneous parts to get the job done. Now....Some may ask....where are the grease caps...well...I'm sure many of you have grease caps that have been beat to death with a 50 lb sledge. That's the condition mine are in, so I'm trying to locate a new set. And there's something on this tractor that's not original (no, it's not the rear light that I'm talking about). Although, it's not easy to detect. So....let the guessing begin. It's a common part for the year but incorrect for the Sovereign. We'll see who gets it first!!! Maynard...I'm sure you will get it first, but lets see who ELSE gets it. ;)

Sean, You did a beautiful job. Wow! :o) One thing though, you'll be using that tractor to plow snow, right? My only concern is having snow melt on the exhaust and water running into the holes as it's facing upwards. Think it would be an issue, or no big deal? (assuming it snows really hard when you're using it)

Beautiful job Sean!8D8D8D Couple of things that appear to be different on your 3212V. The front wheels appear to be the narrow ones like the ones for the Landlord and the steering wheel looks to be from an earlier model (3100 series or before).

Beyond Impressive, this is Inspiring! Two high compliments one would give a great restoration: "It looks like showroom" and "Maybe I should get going on mine if it could look THAT good". Rear end especially looks nice. looks like you dipped it in black but I know substantial masking and such was required.

Erick...that's a temporary muffler while I get the stack cleaned up and put back on. Greg...good eye. The front wheels are not correct for the year and the back wheels are off my LL and the LL has the wide rims on it. I did this so I could put the duals on the Sovereign. And you are correct with the steering wheel. The 1969's had the older style for but in 1970 they had the full circle wheel. I just like the earlier wheels better. Again...great eye! Paul..the PTO lever is the correct one but when I got the tractor it was missing the belt guard and only had the little tab that it was once attached to. So, I cut the tab off and am using it as is until I come across one. Roy...good eye. The original thumb screws are NLA so I made these up to look like the originals. According to the manual they are a wing-nut type thumb screw, unlike the earlier knurled one's with the round bar sticking through them. Of course, my information may not be accurate. Thanks for all the compliments. It's been a fun adventure and I have a new found appreciation for how well these machines are built. One of the LL's will be next. But I think I'll take a break from it for a while. Sean