Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

RBT replacement head lights

ehertzfeld

I just found this, these may not be as bright as the originals, but may make a good replacement. http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/product_p/vts-599.htm

Only one problem they are a single post bulb. The bulb required in the quad headlight system on the 3300, 3400, and early 7000 series Simplicity's and early 700 series Allis Chalmers is a two post bulb.

I am not really up on this electrical stuff.Does that mean these will not work in the original sockets and if this is the case can the sockets be replaced?

quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie_A
I am not really up on this electrical stuff.Does that mean these will not work in the original sockets and if this is the case can the sockets be replaced?
Right - it will blow your fuse most likely as the single contact shorts out the double contacts in the original socket. Sometimes you can re-use the socket and rewire it so that both connections are "hot" and the shell is grounded but otherwise you have to replace the socket. Has anyone tried using the reflector type 12V 50W spots with the pins on the back, for low voltage lighting? I've got one haven't gotten around to messing with it yet. -Don

quote:
Originally posted by duckman
Has anyone tried using the reflector type 12V 50W spots with the pins on the back, for low voltage lighting? I've got one haven't gotten around to messing with it yet. -Don
I have some and was thinking of trying it also but need to find some socket pigtails to plug them into.