Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brinly Moldboard Plow Mounting

bigdog46

I recently purchased this Brinly moldboard plow and need to know what kind of mount I need to fabricate so I can use it on my Simplicity 7117. Looks like someone has previously welded a piece onto it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Bigdog, you must be near Rineyville! My son bid for a bit on that tractor. Went too high for him. We're below Hodgenville. I can't say on the Simplicity hitch. Don't even have a complete hitch for my Allis. Does the tractor run well?

Yes, I am only about 100 miles from Rineyville. The tractor runs good but has an electrical problem that should not be hard to repair.

I don't think thats a brinly plow, if it is then it is a very early one and it appears designed to fit some special application. Brinly uses sleeve hitch mounts, which are more universal, then you would have only needed a sleeve hitch, or as Simpliity calls it, a "one point hitch"

It has the name Brinly on the plow. I am thinking that maybe the sleeve has been removed and maybe was originally mounted in the 2 holes that are on the front of plow?

This plow was made for a Waterloo two wheel walkbehind tractor.
[img]http://www.simplicityva.com/waterloo/water2.jpg[/img]
Karl