Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow blower for a deutz allis 1816V

formbergm

I have a Deutz Allis model 1816V. Sorry I mistakenly had 616. It is a hydrostatic drive with a 48" deck and a 16HP vanguard twin. I'm looking for a snow blower attachment. I'm aware this machine is really a Simplicity. What I'm wondering is what model snow blower will fit on this tractor? I found a 36 inch one off a Simplicity 6216, the snow blower is model# 1690547. Will this fit? I got kinda confused when I was looking at the reference chart comparing Simplicity to Deutz. Could someone enlighten me? Thanks, Mike

Welcome Mike! You got it, that'll fit. Hitch should be the same for both tractors. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_1676_00_AT_S.pdf

What's the best way for me to find out that other accessories will fit? Dare I ask if that would that be in my Deutz allis manual? -Mike

The easiest way would be to use EMPARTweb Electronic Parts Catalog through this link: http://www.jackssmallengines.net/partsf2.asp You will need the MFG number for your tractor.

I found two of them on ebay a year ago, I decided that the 36 inch was better for my needs and sidewalks. The thing moves snow pretty well, but I have almost no steering while pushing the blower forward. I don't have chains, and purchased ag tires. With my big butt I have no problems getting thru even deep snow. I paid about 200 dollars for my blower and think I got a great deal. I had to rig a one inch wide piece of scrap steel to lift and drop the blower as I could not find the spring lift rod that was really needed. The flat steel lifts ok , but does not put any downward pressure on the blower housing like the actual correct part does. It makes a pretty good snow blower.