Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Acquisition

HubbardRA

Well, I bit the bullet and spent about $4500 today. I bought a tractor with a front end loader, and a backhoe. It only has 683 hrs on it and is a 1998 model. It is an EarthForce EF1. It is a fully hydraulic unit that has a Kubota diesel engine. They were built in the Czech Republic, but the company is now part of Ingersol Rand. This thing is sweet, and I am sure I will get lots of enjoyment from this machine. By-the-way, it is painted grey, so is my house and the carport. That is the real color not a bad picture.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Elon, You won't believe it, but Becky wanted it. That is right, my wife made me buy it. Can you believe that?
Ok so what medication did you give her to say it?:D:o)}:)

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA You won't believe it, but Becky wanted it. That is right, my wife made me buy it. Can you believe that?
Keep that woman!

Rod, Congratulations!!!!!!!!! ^^ Think you got a great deal. Check the sale prices in the information below. Auction Results You searched for: auction results EARTHFORCE in the model group = EF1 in the LOADER BACKHOE category Number of Matches: 3 This Page: 1 of 1 Email This Change Your Search View High-Low Average Print This Show One-line Listings Financial Calculator Don't Become A Target! Beware Of Internet Scams. Show Closest First Status: ON / OFF Enter Postal Code: Save Postal Code What's This? YEAR MANUFACTURER MODEL PRICE (US $) LOCATION 2001 EARTHFORCE EF1 $7,250 NC S/N: 122301, 968 hours, Kubota dsl,hydro,GP bkt Auction: 7/26/2007 in Charlotte, North Carolina J J Kane Phone: (856)764-7163 Fax: (856)764-4098 Updated: Aug 1 2007 2:02PM 1999 EARTHFORCE EF1 $7,750 CT S/N: 013699, dsl,OROPS,digging bkt Auction: 5/13/2006 in Ledyard, Connecticut Alex Lyon & Son Phone: (315)633-2944 Fax: (315)633-8010 Updated: Jun 13 2006 9:50AM 1999 EARTHFORCE EF1E $10,000 Online Auction S/N: 121459, 1008 hours, canopy,Kubota D1105 eng,hydro,62" frt bkt,14 1/2" rear Online Auction. 10/6/2005. Machine located in CA IronPlanet Phone: (888)433-5426 Fax: (888)433-3467 Updated: Oct 19 2005 8:10PM

VERY NICE ROD. BTW, do you need somewhere to store it for winter???;) Looks like what I want my 620 to look like when I'm done with it.:O:DYou just skipped all my tinkering steps and went straight to the finished product.dOddOd

very nice! I was planning on visiting with John the next time I am in DC, but now I am thinking of making a special trip just to see that pup in action. NICE SCORE.

Going to do some light work around my place. My son has more acreage and needs some things done there. That is probably where I will get the most practice with it. May do some small projects for friends:D. Becky and I have been wanting something like this for a long time. I have been planning to build a FEL and Backhoe for a large frame tractor for quite a while now, but hadn't done it yet. This machine came along at such a decent price, that I just couldn't pass it up. My first project is to remove a picket fence (going to pull the 4x4 posts with the bucket on the EF1). Once the fence is removed, I plan to dig out a stump from a maple tree that was cut down a couple years ago. This stump could prove to be a really big project. I don't know, I have never done it before, but plan to find out. Right now it is just a toy. It will get put to work when we find a piece of land and decide to move. I am currently fixing a few things on the EF1. I plan on going over it from one end to the other before putting it through any really heavy usage. I fixed a couple things today. Becky wants me to paint it and make it look better.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
... Becky and I have been wanting something like this for a long time. I have been planning to build a FEL and Backhoe for a large frame tractor for quite a while now, but hadn't done it yet. This machine came along at such a decent price, that I just couldn't pass it up. ...
I am all for DIY, but you made out even better by buying the EF1. W/ the amount of money I spend buying my 9020, loader and backhoe, you have spent less and have a purpose built, more heavy duty machine. You done good. Congrats!!!

Levi, Seriously, I was not going to buy the machine. When we first saw it sitting with a "For Sale" sign on it, I drove on past it. Becky made me turn around and go back to look at it. She is really the one who wanted it the most. When I told her the price, she said "go get the money out of the bank, that is a great price". I think she has some plans that she isn't telling me about, maybe a much larger water garden.

Since the company is now owned by Ingersol Rand, the parts should be available thru dealers that sell Bobcats. I just noticed today that my bucket says Bobcat on bucket teeth. The engine is Kubota. Hydraulics are available. Hopefully nothing in the differential or the steering will break any time soon. I plan to start checking around to find out the actual availability of parts.

quote:
You won't believe it, but Becky wanted it. That is right, my wife made me buy it. Can you believe that?
Oh, I can believe it Rod! Remember these photos? [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/TPBRigging/stpatsblast07002.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/TPBRigging/stpatsblast07003.jpg[/IMG]