Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Trivial Statistics

Kent

The web host has a new statistics package that has some new numbers I hadn't seen before. It's "bigger than a breadbox..." Here's the current size of Simple trACtors and the clubhouse: Disk Space 1,792,084,500 bytes Files 11,290 Folders 350 HTML Files 2,234 GIF Files 1,722 JPEG Files 5,692 I really had no idea that it was that big. I knew there were hundreds of pages, but I would never have guessed over 2,000 .... No wonder it can be a challenge to find things at times!

That is impressive.... and surprising! You're doing a great job. You should DEMAND at least 500% raise. Seriously, is there anything the members can do to help?

Roy, I didn't even notice that -- yes that would appear to be 1.8 gig or thereabouts -- which can't be right. That makes me question the accuracy of all the other numbers too.... I emailed Support to see how they explain these numbers... their response was: "1.49 Gigs of that are your log files in your "w3" directory. Log files do not count towards the billable total." These log files are used to track usage and create the statistics themselves, but it looks like the statistics they create are polluted by them being there....

Final answer is . . . According to the system adminstrator there are: 515 Log Files, using Disk Space of 1,597,849,796 bytes Leaving 181,288,916 bytes of content (about 180 megs) and 11,290 files of content for Simple trACtors and the clubhouse . . . that's what they're charging me rent on, anyway!