Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Swap a Wheelhorse for a Simplicity, Uhm OK!!!

joshuaareed

So I did trade the wheel horse that I got this morning for a Simplicity 2012. And I feel great about it. I can now say I own a Simplicity, to go along with my Allis Chalmers. This was the Wheelhorse.

And This is the Simplicity 2012 that I got in Trade.

I think I did pretty good for myself, even though it needs a little TLC. Anyway I like it.

quote:
Originally posted by MarksA-C
Wheel horse or a simplicity.....Simplicity anyday!
I probably would have kept and cleaned up the Wheel Horse. Easier to tear down & paint, Easier to access parts for maintinance, already has a low range for tilling and blowing, and the blowers are somewhat hard to find and do a great job. Overall much simpler than a Simplicity. Each to his own though.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
quote:
I probably would have kept and cleaned up the Wheel Horse. Easier to tear down & paint, Easier to access parts for maintinance, already has a low range for tilling and blowing, and the blowers are somewhat hard to find and do a great job. Overall much simpler than a Simplicity. Each to his own though.
Blasphemy! ;) Actually, I have been thinking about getting a Wheel Horse or maybe a Cub for the specific job of plowing snow. Haven't found anything yet, but if someone wants to trade a little Yeoman for a plow-equipped Wheel Horse, let me know. Tacey

quote:
WheelHorse tractors are very easy to maintain, and work on. The only thing I see wrong is the Tecumseh under the hood of the 'Horse.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
quote:
i hear ya sam, the wheel horse is one well built easy tractor to work on. but the simplicity have them beat with the mower decks and the rear hitch design. i have 9 wheel hores's and 4 simplicitys. they all have their certain jobs i use them for. but most the hores's stay in the sheds. i keep one of the larger wheel hores's out for all purpose work, the landlord 2010 dually does all the gardening & heavy duty work, and the sim 101 & cub cadet 123 i use for mowing grass. but when winter hits anything and everything gets a snow plow mounted to it.