Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Quickie restoration

hdfx81

Figured I would do a quick paint job on the 3112V before I put the winter cab and snow blower on it for the winter. It's just a rattle can paint job but it will do for now, still have to do the wheels and some other pieces. I plan on doing a more thorough restoration on my 3112H over the winter.

Michael...Looks great! Those are tough machines for sure. Hydro or not....It's looking good! Looking forward to seeing the 3112H restored! Sean aka Zippo

quote:
Figured I would do a quick paint job on the 3112V before I pit the winter cab and snow blower on it for the winter.
Zip, this was a 3112V, he's going to redo his "H" during the winter
quote:
I plan on doing a more thorough restoration on my 3112H over the winter.
:D

This weekend I painted the wheels and few other pieces,installed the wheel weights,new exhaust,seat cover and a mega-fire points eliminator(Big difference in how it runs now).

Next weekend I will try to put the winter cab on,it's off an ariens so I'm sure it will need some modifyingsm00.Thanks for all the possitive feedback it's much appreciated.Hopefully when I do the 3112H over the winter it will come out somewhere as nice as ZippoVarga's,that is one sweet looking tractor.

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Looks great, but what is that ugly green thing in the background?:O:D
No kidding, I think we need a disclaimer on that one! Gotta warn a fella something like that is comin' up!sm00

Harleyman, Looks like a very decent job for a rattle can job. I love those mega-fire ignition modules. They work great for me. Some guys here seem to have trouble with working with them. Just be sure that the megafire is not enclosed inside the points box. That'll damage it in the long run and cause your tractor to act as if it is soft-seizing after running for a long time in the heat. Some people put them in the blower housing. That is a clever solution.

The green one isn't mine it'r the father-in-laws I'm just storing it for him. I mounted my mega-fire on the battery/gas tank bracket under the hood seems to work fine there.Now all I need is some new decals and I'll be ready,any ideas where I can get some 3112V ones,I've found the white simplicity hood decals but none with the black model numbers.

quote:
Originally posted by hdfx81
The green one isn't mine it'r the father-in-laws I'm just storing it for him.
Ok, your off the hook then!:D

It's getting there,I mounted the blower to make sure everything worked ok,just need to paint it,put the chains on and wait for snow. Don't pay any attention to the name on the door the top was cheap and close so I grabbed it.

Boy...I sure like that cab. The only complaint I have about mine is that there is not much "finger room" around the steering wheel. It looks as though Ariens solver that problem!