Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4211H no crank?? ITS NOW FIXED.. THANKS

trailwart

i have a 4211 hydro mower. it has the briggs 11hp 400ccIC in it, beeen a great little tractor for me. i just put a new battery in it 3 weeks ago and todday i was cutting the lawn i stopped for a break and when i went to start it up i got nothing, not even a clicking noise. turned the lights on and they were really bright, turned the key and they went outturned the key back and they were on. im not sure if its the starter/ ignition/ or??? not rel familiar with mowers/tractors. i do have an ohm meter but dont know what to check. i figure im gonna see if i get poer to starter but there is alot of stuff under the seat, not sure what to check there. anybody give me a breakdown on what do i check in what order to eliminate what its not. this all happened right before dark so i wont be checking the tractor until tommorow. thanks.

Welcome to the website. With your symptoms the first thing I'd check would be the battery connections. I'm thinking you've got a loose or corroded connection. Good luck with your tractor. -Don

Welcome! Try this manual. It's a large file. You may want to right click and "save target as" to your computer. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_500_1500_00_LT_SA.pdf

thanks for all the quick responses. nuetral switch has been bypassed, i will be checking the pto switch in a bit. all the connections are tight and no corrosion is evident. 4xbill.... thanks for the download, this is what i really needed to diagnose this tractor. thanks, i will post with my findings later.

the pto switch was not released. it took about six times engaging the lever and disengaging it before it finally cranked. thanks to all that helped.