Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jfrank1962

One mans junk........

jfrank1962
another mans treasure!:D
Picked this up a few days ago.

Someone had set a bag of fertilizer on the seat a while ago8C8C Messed up alot of the sheet metal but still many good parts8D

DMedal
It is Junk when you are negotiating the price with the guy who tells you just a little welding will get that axle back on. Put the "Ralph's Scrap Metal" magnetic sign on the side of your pickup. It is a Goldmine of Parts when you arrive home to the wife's inspection. And when you get it rehabiliated it is a Classic for which no amount of money will compensate for your pain in losing it. Still, you DO need to make room in the garage...

jfrank1962
Thanks for all the great comments. A lady had this listed as "very old and very rusty", she was right. When I called her and told her that I wanted it she thought I was out of my mind to drive 2 hours to come and get it. I couldn't get there fast enough!:D I have been looking for a good parts tractor that I wouldn't feel guilty about tearing apart. It is allready completely torn apartsm03

goatfarmer
quote:
I have been looking for a good parts tractor that I wouldn't feel guilty about tearing apart. It is allready completely torn apart
Gee, a hood makes that one complete. Ya gonna tear her apart.......?

ZippoVarga
I'm with you Kenny....I went to Chilacothie Ohio for a "parts tractor" that really WAS a parts tractor. That one certainly wouldnt be a parts tractor around here. But hey....It fell into good hands none the less. At least it's not going to the scrap heap and it's helping keep other's up and running. Great score John! Wheel weights, lights, hydro lift, varidrive parts, seat metal that looks decent, front pulley and belt stay, apparently at least a good briggs core and sheet metal.....hey.....didja ask if there were any other pieces laying around for it? Like maybe a blade, blower, tiller etc? That tractor looks like it was well optioned at one time. Might be worth another trip. Sean