Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

101 repower !

Glacier

I have a 101 landlord that I picked up about a month ago that is complete and runs. I also have a 16hp Briggs that runs and I am playing with the idea of putting the 16hp in the 101 landlord. Any thoughts or ideas would be considered and appreciated.

I just did a 16 Hp. re-power to a early B-10 ,I fit Like a glove The only mod was the grill to Cyl. head bracket had to be re-drilled And If you have the headlight bracket that will have to be trimmed some too. The head on the 16 is just a little bigger .It's nice to have the extra power . :D

I put a 16 in mine last year. I did make a couple if rearrangements. The oil fill on the 16 was on the wrong side. I could have bored the plug out and tapped the hole, but it was easier to change the sumps from the 10 to the 16. Also, the flywheel did not have the holes tapped for the drive shaft or the starter pulley for the Landlord system. The flywheels were close enough to the same weight to change them, also. The 16 takes up a bit more space under the hood, so I made a bracket for attaching the top of the grille to the engine. I intend to rebuild the 10, but am not certain if I'll put it back in due to the fact that I like the extra power of the 16.

If this is going to be your everyday workhorse tractor, go for it. If it is one that won't get used much leave the running 10hp in it. All these 16hp so why can't I find one:(. Of all the Simplicity and A/C tractors I have not a 16hp in the bunch. Think I'll just wait for that deal to come to me though because I'm happy with what I got.

I'm going to put a 16hp in my 64 landlord with the 26x12 AGs. Got it sitting in the basement waiting for rings. Hopefully I'll get it in before winter. A 16hp should power the 42inch blower nicely!:D

quote:
Don't see why the 13 hp carburetor wouldn't work. Think others have used ones from smaller hp engines with success.
Yep It will work just fine.

The arb will do nicely. I have been running an old model 3 HP on each new engine I get for a walk behind Yazoo. I think it has been on a 3.5, a 4, and is now on a 3.75 HP engine. I don't like a carb that cannot be adjusted, so I keep the old ones handy! Use the 13.