Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sell or no sell....(Dang, missed it)

MarksA-C

I found a B-10 for $150 locally. It has a mower deck, snow blower, plow, and chains. In good shape but has low compression though.... I also put up my 707 for sale and have someone interested in full price ($175). Should I sell my Restored 707 and get the B-10? Or keep everything the way it is? Not saying I don't want a B-10, but What would you guys do? Mark-

I kinda worded it wrong, to get it I have to sell my 707. Is it still worth it? This is the B-10. Its a BIG TEN... *Has a hood, just now in picture*

It's real easy. Sell the 707, Restore the Big 10 over the winter, Save the cash from blowing snow, Buy tiller for big ten or the 6518, Make more cash tilling gardens in the spring so you can buy more tractor stuff.:D

well, the Allis 610 is getting restored, so the Bigten would be doing the winter work no matter how bad it looks. It would be restored sooner or later though.

If you can Get $175 for that 707 you have found a fish do not let him go.There is no camparison between these two tractors.The B10 has the potential of bieng a real workhorse compared to the toy 707.

I have a 717 I should sell but am attached to. Uh, I think I gave you the drive pulley off it for your 707. I looked at a B -10 that "runs" here and the seller wanted $500. Another seller wanted $450 for a B-12 with a cracked frame that has not been started in 5+ years. It is hard to part with a tractor when you have put effort into it but the B-10 will go up in value to a larger degree than a Broadmoor when you put time and money into it. I would not have given you the drive pulley off a B-10, LOL!

Well hope things work out so you get the B-10 it'll be a nice experiense for ya. Hey Vinnie I like that statement " you got a fish there" LOL!

If you put the 707 up for sale, and now have a buyer at full price, then, to be ethical, you should let him have it. There is no comparison between a 707 and a B10. The 707 is a lawnmower. The B10 is a tractor. If the B10 runs, there is no doubt in my mind what to do. Get the B10. Looks like you will even have a few bucks for some sandpaper and a couple rattlecans of paint.

I've paid a lot more for a lot worse, the big ten is a good buy, but there are more things that can go wrong on a large frame tractor and they are typically more expensive to repair, but for me, I have many attachments and spare parts so I get a lot of work out of them vs. a broadmoor. Right now I have 3 operational B-series tractors and Unless I had a 1/10th acre yard I can never envision using a broadmoor for anything more than show. I would actually think you could get a little more $$ for your broadmoor, maybe this depends on location but correct me if I'm wrong but in the used rider market a fully functional, decent looking murray or mtd would bring at least $275-$375 any time of year, I don't see how a quality tractor in better condition should cost half that much. Yes some collectors put little value on the smaller ones but that doesn't mean a homeowner won't still value it.

Do it- You have found a great deal. While it is your blood sweat and tears into that 707, it will make someone a good mower, and you can have yourself a heavier duty machine! Besides, what would you do with your time now that the 707 is done??

Well, keep an eye out, there are plenty more around. At least now you can enjoy your 707 a bit more before you try to sell it again-^

quote:
Ding Dangit.... The guy who called about the b-10 before me got it. Oh well...sm02
There will be others.