Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
forart

peerless 801-019a transaxle needed

forart
does anyone have a list of the various garden tractors that used this transaxle? (or a link to that info?) i have a simplicity 5212.5g in need of a replacement and would like to find a used unit. i am located in Utah (not the garden tractor center of the universe) and consequently could use some help! thanks much; forart

Dark
Replacement transaxle for Peerless models: 800-810, 800-810A 800-815, 800-815A, 800-815B, 800-815C ] 801-019, 801-019A, 801-019B, 801-019C, 801-019D, 801-019E any of these peerless models will fit :p

quote:
what factory parts?
[br

forart
thanks Dark! i have that info. what i really need is a list of other tractors that those transaxles will fit so that if i see a used parts tractor or a used transaxle that has no part number, but a known source, i can be pretty sure it will fit. thanks again Dark. forart

Dark
forart, I guess that would be one way to get the transaxle ....What is wrong with the one you have In most cases the repair parts are available. At our shop we repair many for MTD,Dynamark,Murray ect... if you could identify the part you need I can locate the partsto repair the transaxle you have. :o)

Dark
the reason the part replacement would be easyer is MTD,JD,Craftsman,Murray,Dynamark ect.. use alot of these but the bolt up is different and also the brake requirements are different...after all the fabrication done the cost would be insignificant. (Racing Tractors) use peerless transaxles because of this.:p The 930, 801 and 206 transaxles are largely interchangeable. Only the front mounting points may differ. On some early casings the front mountings bolt to the top of the casing, whilst later ones use a side mounting. However all share common rear mounting points and it is very easy to make up front brackets for later transaxles. The brackets are essentially a flat bar with holes drilled to bolt to the casing and the top bent over at 90 degrees to simply bolt to the tractor chassis. If you are not confident to make such a bracket you could always buy the brackets from a later tractor. They share the same fittings for the input pulley and have the same ¾” output shafts. It is therefore a simple matter to swap a worn transaxle for a later and stronger type.

quote:
IF IT GOES FAST ITS GOT TO BE A PEERLESS

forart
i was told by a guy who rebuilds car engines and garden tractors that HE would look for a used intact replacement. that is why i was looking toward that route. today i found a used 801-019 for $225, pretty steep for an unknown quantity. so perhaps a rebuild is in order, although i am not a mechanic (i'm a metal sculptor). i suppose i will tear it apart and see what the damage is. what i really want is a garden tractor that will do some ground engaging work. they are hard to come by here in utah. would getting a beefier transaxle for my 5212 help me there or are there other mitigating issues (frame dimension, etc.)? thanks again, forart