Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone hear of Dew Eze "All Terrain Mower"?

MarksA-C

It was marketed for hilly Terran. If you mow on the side of a hill, the deck will ride the hill, wile the tractor will remain vertical. Pretty cool idea, not sure how well they work. There is one not to far from here. Always wanted to go look at it, but never did.

Yes I've seen them, but in a larger version, They use them at Ithaca College here in New York state. The college has quite a few of them. They look really neat while in use.

hI, I have seen them at the Outdoor Power Expo at Louisville. They had one there about 60 hp with regular tractor size tires. I believe it mowed about 15 or 18 feet. It is like a 2 wheel drive motorcycle with out riggers. Don't remember if the wheels on the mowers were hydraulic driven or not. Very impressive. Al Eden

Not only the Up-keep, the cost is tooB) Oh well, might as well make one. A Mini-bike and 2 push mowers. :D

Our Gov't money at work here in north Alabama at TVA had a couple machines built similar to this several years ago, to cut a couple of steep banks near Wilson Dam. As with most gov't projects, that one went the same direction as the dozer blade made for tandem use of a couple of D-9s for fine grading reclaimed mines. That blade sold for scrap after one attempt to use it! So did the 'hillside' lawnmowers. Looks dangerous to me, but would make a nice ditch machine for low slope work.....but, so does my Landlord.