Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JeffNemes

Worn Governor Shaft On Command Vertical

JeffNemes
Specifically the shaft on vertical single cylinder inside the block that supports the governor gear assy – has anyone had problems with the shaft tapering down, allowing the gears to become disengaged and race the rpms? If so, was it under the warranty period or over and how was the repair handled? Our shop has seen 2 or 3 that were on the Regent models purchased between 2002-2004.

dirtsaver
Jeff that's a new one on me. Do you have any history on the use/maintenance/hours on the failed units? Anything they might have in common? Larry

BLT
I have a similar situation here in Wisconsin. Not my machine and I told gent to take it to a dealer and if there was peculiar circumstances he might try for a policy adjustment. CV 16 Kohler.

andrewk
Never seen anything like it before. Do you have any idea how the wear occurred? I would certainly contact Kohler if you have seen more than one. The only cause I can think of, since it is on the inside of the engine is debris in the oil, or maybe gas diluted oil. Hope this helps- Andy