Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

KT 17 Engine Mounting

tim

Just wondering if I can use a KT 17 Series II from a John Deere 317 in my 7117 Simplicity. How much of a problem will it be. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks Tim

yes you can use any kt17. The only difference in the engines is the pto shaft coming out of the front of the engine. Most of the front attachments for your tractor use the center pto so it will not be a problem.

Thanks alot got a great deal a my 7117 its not in too bad of condition all except the owner could not get the crankcase apart so he used a big hammer. But it came with a 48 inch mower deck and 48 inch snow plow, wheel weights and chains he gave it to me and all I have to do is get his 12hp briggs Simplicity to spark for him. I've never fool around with these tractors always had a sears yard mower this 7117 looks like it can handle alot more heavy work. When I was teenager I tinkered when old chevy hot rods gave all that up 25 years ago I lost the drive to fool with them, but this tractor has brought back the desire to try and get it going plus this club helped also with all the info and seems like you gents are really great as well so I think I will be paying my dues today. Thanks a bunch Tim