Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Best way to remove and flip heavy mower deck

ikipp

Do any of you guys have tips on the best way to wrestle the mower deck out and then flip it over without it rolling backwards and breaking my legs. Has anyone ever built a tool/dolly/gadget for this?

Well, at northern tool they have mini-working speed jacks. Seems good for mounting and taking off, any maybe 2-3 can move a deck.

quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie_A
You guys are too much how do you find all this stuff??? Thanks
Hours and hours of pouring over the information on this site,.... but then you forget where you saw it.. dz I find myself having to make notes on where I saw things. :Q

quote:
Originally posted by msiebern
quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie_AYou guys are too much how do you find all this stuff??? Thanks
Hours and hours of pouring over the information on this site,.... but then you forget where you saw it.. dz I find myself having to make notes on where I saw things. :Q
I find myself wondering if UCD and a few others haven't had all the Simple tech data implanted somehow, give them 3 minutes and they've got a picture for you of your particular problem with color circles and arrows added to show how the parts should go together. That's worth the $10 just for the joy of being amazed. -Don