Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

416 Decals I Made Yesterday

olcowhand

Here are a set of hood decals I made yesterday for my Allis 416 tractor. I varied a bit from original to make them a tad easier to put together. These are overlayed type, not printed. Could only afford a cutter...those printers are several thousand dollars! They aren't perfect, but I am very happy with them. Hope to get on tractor tonight or tomorrow. I had to put the different colors down by hand which isn't easy to do but it came out ok. The top pic has reflections from kitchen light but the bottom ones shows good.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/olcowhand_in_ky/DSC00270.jpg[/img]

In person you can see a couple places where lines run out just a tad,but then I'm my biggest critic! Got a couple bubbles between layers too, but they usually go away on their own.

Very nice job, I think you could find a market for decals with the club. Official decal maker of Simple Tractors

Time is the biggest factor for me. Dairy farming keeps me quite busy most of the time. Took somewhere around 12 hours or more to make the pattern in my software program just to do these decals. Good thing is once patterned, ya never have to do it again. If I had a clear pic of a 300 series decal I could pretty easily use my 416 pattern & make the 300 series from it.

Nice job! Looks like you have a career to fall back on, should this dairy farm thing not work out.....dOd

Very nice job, If you would like I can send you some pics of my 314 hood and side panel, I say side panel because I only have one.

People with this kind of eye and skill are getting rarer these days. Your work really speaks for itself.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
People with this kind of eye and skill are getting rarer these days. Your work really speaks for itself.
Well, these days I have to wear reading glasses to do the close-up stuff! So I don't have the "eyes" I used to! sm06 Took over 12 hours on computer just to build the design as I didn't have a good enough picture to build from. Had to build all lines from scratch. But as I said, if you had the decals under your eyes, you'd see some flaws, not bad though. I thank all of you for the compliments. sm01