Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

plow

Dark

I found a old plow missing many parts and im resurecting I have a question about the guide wheel its a brindley plow missing the guide wheel is this wheel supposed to be mounted ridged or does it have a left and right position ability?

take your question over to Talking tractors/Fever list and people will answer you. This area is more for people posting how-to-do-it articles. Sounds like you have questions, not answers. -Don

The Brinly's I have had the coulter on the left side of frame as viewed from the rear of plow. The coulter swiveled a few degrees just like big brother plows. Both mine were missing thew coulters & just had the big U-bolts that originally held them, so I just welded in a 1/2x2" flat strap & mounted mine rigid. They work fine rigid & much easier to mount up. Seems the coulters are missing about 75% of the time. I made coulters from worn down corn planter openers, used a torch to take them down to appropriate diameter.
quote:
Originally posted by Dark
I found a old plow missing many parts and im resurecting I have a question about the guide wheel its a brindley plow missing the guide wheel is this wheel supposed to be mounted ridged or does it have a left and right position ability?