Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PLow day Event

lonnyb

I was wondering why is it you don't see many simplicitys and or Allis-Chalmers at the plow day events held throught out the year. I have been to a few events held by the IH club and the John Deere club and have seen only a couple Allis-Chalmers tractors out plowing. The last plow event I went to there where some nice restored Minneapolis-Molines sitting off to one side and one Allis-Chalmers along with a old Wheel-Horse that was plowing in the field.

Around here, most of the plow days are really for the larger tractors. They some times have a small area for the garden tractors, but most of the guy's have large tractors, and would rather plow with them.

I wondered the same thing around here. I plow with my Agco Allis and sometimes there is one other allis b10. Mostly deeres and cubs. My nephew plows with a wheel horse but he is the only one. Saw some Case and massey to but very limited. We actually have a large group that gets together a few times a year. I posted pics a couple of times. I think we just need to encourage others to join more. The other clubs have events and gatherings centered around plow days. Personally I enjoy it a lot. Friends think I am a little off, but once you try it you'll get hooked.

Ya gotta love the smell of fresh turned soil no matter what brand tractor you use. There aren't ANY plow days anywhere near me in south central Ky. :(

Dan I know what you mean about the lack of plow days here in Ky. It seems that the only thing Garden Tractor people around here want to do is pull the sled with overpowered Cub Cadets. Some of the local car clubs have been inviting tractors to display lately and they reserve an area for GTs. A friend of mine has been showing his Wheel Horse and Sears Surburban GTs. Maybe it's time to try something around these parts. Larry

Larry, would love to see a plowday near us! I see you're about 2 hrs from me. I had wanted to start a Ky garden tractor club, but just don't have time to manage it. Dairying takes most my time...heck, all of it! If there would be a club formed I'd love to join up. Maybe one of these days it will happen. I'd like it to be garden tractor only. I think Ky and other people close enough could put on quite an event.
quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Dan I know what you mean about the lack of plow days here in Ky. It seems that the only thing Garden Tractor people around here want to do is pull the sled with overpowered Cub Cadets. Some of the local car clubs have been inviting tractors to display lately and they reserve an area for GTs. A friend of mine has been showing his Wheel Horse and Sears Surburban GTs. Maybe it's time to try something around these parts. Larry

Here is an area to check out plow days that could be in your area: http://www.plowday.net/ Site is always looking for places to plow. I would like to go to Kentucky and do some plowing. I go to 3-5 plow days a year. I don't want to take my tractors to shows because too many parents/grandparents let their kids climb all over my tractors that I spent plenty of time and money to fix up.

The deere and cub collectors are very well organized in getting together for these things, several times Weekend Freedom Machines has invited Simpletractors members to attend their event, but we never really show. Many of these are in the nothern Illinois area, etc, I've been invited to a group that plows in my county but I could never give up the time, fuel, nor had working tractors at the right time.

Here is a plow day this weekend (Oct. 13)in Northwest Ohio. 3rd annual North Central Ohio Plow Day and Tailgate Party. It will be on Saturday the 13th of October 2007. It will be located at 7333 West Twp Rd 96 New Riegel, Ohio 44853. Rain Date will be Sunday Oct, 14th. Lets hope we don't need it!!!!! We will start plowing at 9:00 A.M. and Plow till everyone get's tired. We have 36 acres to plow, so that should keep us busy for awhile!!! The Field is half wheat stubble and half soybean stubble. The Tailgate Party means, that you will need to bring your own food and refreshments. There will be Plenty of Parking and Restrooms will be available. All brands are welcome to come and plow!!! If you never plowed before, there will be a place to get your tractor and plow adjusted, and just ask someone and they will help you get it done. So you can have fun too!! Email me if you have any questions. My email is: tombouillon@sbcglobal.net Take care Tom & Donna B.

I figured when I moved from the "city type" area to a rural area with more farms I'd hear about them, but that's not the case. I guess they just plow and pull at the NJ State Fair once a year. I did find this place one day when me and the wife took a ride in the Montgomery, NY area- Orange County Farmers Museum. The displays were not bad, but there were tractor pulls(looked like all locals, free admission!) plus a big chicken barbecue, I think it was 8.00 for a whole bird including corn on the cob. Worth checking out if your in the area, just call first for pulling dates. http://www.discoverourtown.com/NY/local-17249.html