Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

b112

rentalboyzs

Got the b112 running yesterday have a couple questions on the bgb the center shaft slides right to left about 1" looking at the manual it seems to missing a spacer. on the variable drive side it appears there should be a spacer, washer, then a teflon spacer. is this right and if so does the teflon one slip over the metal or do they go in line ? wish i was better on this puter i could load the picture and show you. thanks Ken.

Tightening the drive pulley with the spacer behind it is what holds the shaft in place. The pulley presses the spacer to the bearing which in turn pulls the gear inside to the bearing. If the shims are not in place between the side plate and seal to hold the bearing in place in the case the bearing could also be moving but not likely an inch. Don't know about the washers but a spacer should definitly be there because that is what the seal seals to on that side. If we are looking at the Diagram below I'm talking spacer AM and making sure nut J is tight. The other spacer AP and stop washer AN is what the inside pulley half slides on and I believe should also be pinched in the above mix. Any thing else should have no effect on the shaft play. Maybe someone with more experience with the variable will also chime in. Edited to make reference to below diagram posted by Ray (Thanks).