Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-series cab brackets

mwells

I have a cab for a B-112 and I thought I also had one for a B-12 but looking closer at the two I think they are both B-112 cabs. I know the B-12 cab used different mounting brackets on the back then the B-112. (My 2 cabs have the same bracket) My questions are, how did the B-112 cab mount correctly on the back of the tractor? Do you have to drill holes in the fender? Does anyone have a good picture of the factory brackets, or a parts break down of one? I can't seem to find anything. Also did the B-112 have brackets that came down and mounted by the front grill, and the B-12 cab didn't? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

This is the cab on my B-112 You do have to drill two 1/4 " holes in the seat pan :( and yes the front mounts use the rear hole on the lower grill mounting holes

Is the vice grips a permanent part (there's a contradiction in terms!) ? and if so, how far does it go with the blower hits it? -Don

quote:
Originally posted by duckman
Is the vice grips a permanent part (there's a contradiction in terms!) ? and if so, how far does it go with the blower hits it? -Don
The vice grips were on there when I was installing it :D

Thanks for the pictures! Does your cab have the front brackets? Also it looks like there are some brackets that mount around the middle of the tractor. (Mabey under or around the steering wheel area on down??) I think I'm missing these brackets if there are some....?

quote:
Originally posted by mwells
Thanks for the pictures! Does your cab have the front brackets? Also it looks like there are some brackets that mount around the middle of the tractor. (Mabey under or around the steering wheel area on down??) I think I'm missing these brackets if there are some....?
Hey Mike The cab was made for a 3416 tractor same seat pan but diffrent hood I had to make some mods up front but it fits like a glove

quote:
Originally posted by mwells
Hey Mike The cab was made for a 3416 tractor same seat pan but diffrent hood I had to make some mods up front but it fits like a glove I coulden't beat the price the guy had it in the box from 1971 and sold it to me for the 1971 price % 135.00

Here are a couple of pictures I found on my hard drive that I saved in the past. Can't remember where I "borrowed" them from but filed them for future reference.

quote:
Originally posted by msiebern
Here are a couple of pictures I found on my hard drive that I saved in the past. Can't remember where I "borrowed" them from but filed them for future reference.
[img]/club2/attach/msiebern/HB1163.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/msiebern/HB1164.jpg[/img]

Mike, That would be Maynards HB-116 that he bought from SmilinSam several years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by MDB Mike, That would be Maynards HB-116 that he bought from SmilinSam several years ago.
Thanks for the info. Will have to file it with the pictures. I grabbed them because they are the only pictures I have seen with the frame mounting without the canvas so you can see where everything hooks up.