Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NLA B&S .030 Piston

haykarenhardy

I want to thank Sandy Lake Implement for a Quick answer to my Question. If anyone has a source for .030 pistons for my engine let me know. This information was not good news for me and I want to share it with the club. Thank You Stan Subject: Re: Briggs From: "Sandy Lake Implement" <info@sandylakeimp.com> To: "Stan Baker" <haykarenhardy@yahoo.com> I am so sorry I did not get this answered like I said I would. The part # for the .030 piston asy is 390367 it is coming up as no longer available. May be try at www.asecc.com or check the tractor sites. Thanks, Brenda > I have a 16 hp Briggs cast iron with starter generator. > 326431-0190-01-7703041 Has a bad crank and needs honed .030 but my local > Briggs dealer tells me he can get .020 over standard bore piston but the > .030 piston is NLA? Seems strange the larger piston is NLA part. Can you > get me a .030 piston? > Stan Baker > Ohio > > From Simplicity and A.C. Garden Tractor Club,

It seams B&S have dropped the 10 over and the 30 over:(!, I could not get 10 over rings. All that I can find is a standered and 20 over.:(

what are the dimensions of the piston you need? what bore size,piston size,skirt length,pin size?? easy to x-ref from briggs by dimensions my guess would be close to the horizontal twin 18 piston ( dont know for certain without the Numbers but sitting beside each other they look close)

I do not have all the dimensions, just bore standard size max. 3.5625 and Min. inches 3.5615 and piston pin o. d. .799 and pin bore I. D. .801 Stan

If you have to go aftermarket you could try stens or prime line, I've used prime line rings but only have about 5 hours on them so I can't really say how they will hold up. Try looking at tulsa engine warehouse, try googling them, They have easy online ordering and can cross from briggs to aftermarket easily. There was also a guy on ebay selling rebuild kits for these engines.

check with Harley-Davidsons™. sportster 1250 cc flat top piston is the same number in bore size years 2004- to present