Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Seat Purchase Advice

MrSteele

Northern Tool has two seats for $39.99. One is vinyl, the other PVC. My tractor shed is open to the sky right now, and plans will be to keep it that way at least until the spring. The question: Has anyone bought either of the seats, and if so, why? I am leaning toward the PVC right now, due to the fact that my tractor shed roof leaks when it rains, snows, or the sun is shining.

This is the seat I bought for my Landlord 2010. It's had to endure some weather, and held up well. Can't beat the price too, but I don't know what kind of machine you are putting it on:http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_403691_403691

I have the same seat as Tom B and so far has worked very good. I put it in the shed but I also use it all winter to plow snow.

I have 1 of the seat like TOM & BONEY has on this 2012 it"s been on there about 3 years i leave it out side and it"s holding up very well. JJ

No Farm & Fleets or Fleet Farms by you (a WI, N IL, MN group of stores), but I bought their $54 or $57 slight high back seat for my 7016. Didn't save the packaging with the brand, sorry. Had to drill new holes for it to mount and used some saved GM b-body frame bushings to mount it (vibration dampening). It has threaded holes on the back though. Maybe a good spot for a light duty tool box, water bottle holder, glove holder. Hmmmm.

The tractor is a Landlord 101, 64 model, I believe, with the seat now totally gone. The ride is a bit harsh, so I think it is time. Thanks for the input. I had searched Northern for seats, but that one failed to show up. You saved me a bit of change, and I like the looks of that seat better, anyway. Thanks again.