Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller belt & hydro filter interference

DeaneBruce

I have a 7117H and have been struggling to figure out how to run the belt past the hydro filter. Is there a small guide pulley that redirects the belt slightly? I saw a message from Mike Sdack back in May 2007 with a question like this. Was that rear PTO guide the trick? I tried taking the filter off and installing the gasket, plate & plug the manufacturers drawings shows for the hydro section. All that does is cause me to lose the hydraulic flow. I put the filter back on and I get flow & the tranny works again. What a relief! I thought I busted something. What could I be doing wrong?

Hi You need the (rear pto drive Kit)
[img]/club2/attach/NandoG/pulley.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/NandoG/pulley1.jpg[/img]
It's still available from simplicity.

Also Simplicity does make 3 different length trans filters: 1650954 - 3 7/8" 1709322 - 3 1/8" 1671234 - 2 1/2" As I recall the shorter one is needed to help clear the tiller belt and even then it may touch slightly.

Thanks for the info. I wasted all summer with the plate replacement for the filter. Will have to get a new filter and look for the PTO pulley kit. I wish I found this club sooner.

Hi, I believe this kit is no longer available. The idler bracket I am sure of. Someplace, I have a factory drawing of the part. I had to make one and I'll look around and see if I can still find it. Al Eden

I checked one of the links here and the part no. does list a price for one but the info may not be current or it may come back as unavailable. If Al says its not available.. I'd bet its not available ;)

Hi, People may still have it in stock. As I remember, the last time I ordered one, I couldn't get it. This why I requested the drawing. I seem to remember some posts on this quite a while back, and it seems like Rod or Roy or someone posted a sketch with the dimensions. Thanks Al

Sounds like a good project to do with my son. Get him away from that computer and video games. Have him build something needed with his hands other than go to a store. According to to SEPW the pulley is 3.625" dia. & the bracket is 2" wide. I would just make bends to accommodate the center-line of the pulley from the frame.

Thanks Paul & UCD fro th link. I tried finding it my myself and it took a while. Never found the whole kit number you did. Thanks.