Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Repowering

haykarenhardy

I can't seem to find an article which gave dimensions of engines used by simplicity, diameter,height, base mounting dimensions etc. I am looking for a repower engine for 7100 or 7000 series. A cast iron single would be my pick but some parts a hard to find for them. If I am correct a cast iron kohler from another brand of tractor may not bolt up because of different oil pans? As I understand an IC 18 hp Briggs is a good choice if you have a blower fan from a Briggs single to bolt the drive shaft to. If you need to overhaul the engine are parts available for them? What other engines would be a good choice? Repower Engineering offers kit but I am not ready for that just now. Stan

If your original engine was a single cylinder then you would have to cut out the sides of the frame to accomodate the cylinders. Your best bet is to find another engine out of a similar series of tractor, or possibly replace with new single cylinder engine.

What brand of new single cylinder engine would you recommend. Briggs because of the drive shaft hook up? ( blower fan ) Thank You Stan

Current singles that would drop right in is the Kohler Magnums, twins would be the Kohler Magnums and Command V-twins. The Kohler Command Pro OHV singles may fit (close but not the same as the other above engines). Any newer Briggs engines will need new/modified mounting pan to fit in the 900/7100 series tractors.

FH641-Simp7100-118 21 HP Twin, 1-1/8" Shaft, Fits Simplicity 7110 7112 7117 7119, AC 910 912 914 916 917 919 Tractors Limited Quantity Item: Only 2 Remaining $1,450.00 lol...... let the good times roll with a Kawasaki http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/ProductList.asp?Category=Engine&Supplier=Kawasaki&Images=Show