Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SimpleTom

Thinning the herd?? Newest additions, updated pics

SimpleTom
Okay, so I was trying to thin out my herd of tractors. At least sell the ones I am not going to keep. But I couldn't pass on this deal that was listed in Craigslist. I didn't quite catch it when it got listed as I was out and about dropping off some pulleys to Mark (MarksAC) but I would have found it sooner or later since I check Craigslist religiously. He wasn't home so when I got home I left him an email. He called me and mentioned the ad and said he couldn't afford them right now so he didn't call on it. I emailed and got no response until late last night. He said he had tons of emails and they would be sold to whoever got there first. I happened to be working in the area and was able to stop by at about 4:00pm and paid him for them. He mentioned that he would have to make some calls to tell the other interested parties that they were sold. I went home, got my trailer and went back to get them. Here is the ad. 2 mid-70's Simplicity lawn tractors. One runs nice, but is stuck in forward, the other runs good but needs to have electronic ignition re-wired, and needs a steering gear (about $80). One has an 11 horse engine, the other an 8 hp. There is also a working snow blower attachement for the one, it works well. The blower can be had for $30. The $50 is for both tractors together.

Yes, that's right. $80 for everything. I will take better pics of them tomorrow as I just got them home and it's too dark out. One is a 728 Broadmoor and the other is a 637 Yeoman. The Broadmoor had it's engine replaced with an 11hp Briggs. I'm not sure about the Yeoman yet but it should have a 7hp, not an 8hp but it could have been changed also. As you can see from the pics the Yeoman has the original wheel weights and the Broadmoor also has wheel weights that appear to be factory but I have never seen anything like them. They weigh 24 pounds each unlike the other ones that weigh 32 pounds each. Overall this was a great deal and would have been worth it just for the weights. Tom

I got the Yeoman up and running. The trans just had the upper shift mechanism out of alignment. Used a screwdriver. Checked the oil and it started on the second pull and runs, drives and MOWS great. Just need to adjust the brake and give it a good pressure wash. The Broadmoor needs a little more work. Some reassembly as the steering gear needs to be replaced and the steering rod straightened back out. (He told me he ran into his house with it when the gear stripped, that's why the muffler is smashed)

Simpleton7016
Ah ha....'twas you. I was set to pick those up at 5:30. They were about 4 blocks from my current residence. I am glad it was you and not some other non-member vulture gobbling up our goodies! I probably owe you a thanks cuz I had no business buying them anyway! So thanks! But it was a great deal. I saw the weights too and figured that alone was worth the purchase. I bought a 728 for my brother a few months ago. He needs those little round metal spacers that go in the front mounting bracket of the deck. Do you by chance have any of those laying around?