Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bountyhunter

Simplicity tractor dimensions

Bountyhunter
I have been trying to pick up a working Yeoman with a mower deck and snow thrower attachment near (+250 miles) my home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with no good luck. A lot of non-runners, incomplete, and project Yeomans out there but nothing I can really use in my current limited physical condition. I have seen a lot of 42XX's advertised within my search range complete with deck, snow thrower, and supposedly running well for reasonable prices. The least expensive one that got sold before I got to it went for $175.00 with deck and snow thrower. Because of size constraints which include maneuverability on city sidewalks as well as storage concerns, I was hoping to find something small. I know that Yeomans are 53 1/2" long by 30" wide but I cannot find dimensions on the 42XX series of Simplicity tractors. One of the people that called trying to sell me his 4211 said they are the same size as Yeomans and use the same size attachments. I searched the Simplicity site and came up with zilch on dimensions. Can anyone enlighten me as to the size of 42XX Simplicities and are the Yeoman decks and snow throwers applicable in use on the 42XX series. Is there a site with the dimensions of all the older Simplicity tractors? Thanks! Bountyhunter

gregc
You can find the Yeoman tractors from years 1968 thru 1973 and the 1983 4200 Series here: http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/simplicity.htm Here's a link to an Operator's Manual for a 4212H with specs. on page 32: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_3244_00_AT_S.pdf While the same snow blowers can be used on these tractors (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) the hitches are different between the Yeomans and the 4000 series tractors. The mowing decks are also different (not interchangable).

Chris727
I had a tractor of this series but sold it a couple years ago, I know it was pretty small compared to my large frame tractors but it may have been a tad larger than the yeomans.

Bountyhunter
Ken: Typed in 1691028 and it just looped me back to my original post. Did I do something incorrectly? Gregc: Thanks for the link to the manual! It lists the 4212 as being a foot longer and a little over 3" wider with a 24" turning circle. Chris727: Thanks for the input! I feel really bad about missing that 4211 that everything supposedly worked on for $175.00, but based on what I have seen, it will be easier to find a working 42XX series than a Yeoman. On the plus side, my best friend recently gave me a 1994, 16 hp, 6 speed shift-on-the-fly Murray in fantastic shape so if I can find a Murray model 24577 snow thrower with a sub frame, I will be set for this winter. I know the Murray is big, but it is free and I know it has been well taken care of and I am willing to buy a snow thrower for it and deal with the sidewalk maneuverability issue. Thank you for the help guys. Bountyhunter