Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cruzer

Got another one!!!

cruzer
Couple months ago saw this at the garge were I get my truck serviced...guy said he tried to sell it but had weak spark etc.. told him i had a 3314V with 16hp motor in it blah blah blah...so last week i causly asked his neighbor, who i work with, if he still had it. On tuesday at work the neighbor asked if i still wanted it and to make him a super reasonable offer. So i said 100 and it was done! Here it is after i picked it up..

Decent 42in deck, wheel weights, electric lift, newer hydro tranny, 46in plow, decent rear tires... going to get it running and go from their... now i can take more time(probably forever) with the 3314V Stew

PhanDad
Another steal deal. And everything (except the seat) looks in great shape. Congrats. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the Vicker's; I still prefer them to the Sunstrand's

D-17_Dave
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Great find and price! :D But you've incorrectly identified it. It's an "H" for hydrostatic not a "V" for variable...}:)
Kent, I think he was referring to his older tractor, a 3314V. While of course this looks to be a 3415H.

cruzer
The first tractor I bought was a 3314V this is my second tractor which is a 3416H... Going to have some time tonight to work on them (wife and kids are off to a party). Will see if the thing has spark or not and then go from their. Have to look up how to adjust points on this thing!! Stew

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Great find and price! :D But you've incorrectly identified it. It's an "H" for hydrostatic not a "V" for variable...}:)
Kent, I think he was referring to his older tractor, a 3314V. While of course this looks to be a 3415H.
:OB)B)B)Doh! Should slow down and read more closely, I guess. My bad!!!!!! :I:I:I

Ketchamized
Stew, I had one of these, except it was a 3410-H. You will absolutely LOVE it. Once you go hydro, you can't go back. You got a beautiful deal, well done. :D That Vickers transmission is known to leak at the pintle shaft. That's the little cylindrical shaped rod that's located just 1" right to the left blue strap hooked up to the back of your tractor in the picture. (And 1" under/right of the cooler fins) Keep an eye on that, it gets real expensive to fix. You got an awesome deal. The plow itself is worth more than $100. Cheers, Erick

cruzer
Erik Thanks for the infor! It's suppose to have a newere hyrdo unit in it. Not sure if he put a used one in it or rebuilt or what but i will check it out. One of the axles has a pretty good leak which i will be looking at once i get the thing running. Dad has a spark checker which i will have to stop and get on the way home if my Brother for gets it. Stew

cruzer
Yup its a great deal...looks like the points were staying closed all the time, out of adjustment. I checked the lock nut and it was loose. So i adjusted the points, didn't work, did it again and got it to spark. Put the spark plug back in and fired it up! Ran good. Sounded good! Burned my hand on the muffler:-) Oil change and check all the fluids... oh and drive it around the yard :-) Stew