Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
joshuaareed

Fuel in a K21S???

Dark
Regular unleaded gasoline can be used in a B&S but
quote:
Unleaded gasoline is easier on the valves as there are less deposits on the stem.
this statement is wrong...lead was put into the gasolines as a lubricant after time the valves would hit the seats and mushroom the seat seal witch would cause valve seat problems after seats and valves were changed, unleaded gas was used without problems. B&S or Kohler does not run at high RPM's or for long period of times to worry about such problems but on overhaul or rebuild it may be something to consider. depending on what year the motor is.

BLT
Leaded gas was an anti knock addtive. Did a lot of wire brushing on one of the valves to get white (lead) deposits off. http://www.uwsp.edu/geo/courses/geog100/Lead-Science.htm

Dark
that is only part of it the horror stories about engine damage due to unleaded gas isn't pure hype - trying to get you to pay money for uneeded gas additives (which don't help at all, or at least not that anyone has been able to measure carefully) or to rush down to your machinist get get your valve seats changed. Just drive your tractor, and be aware that when and if you ever need a valve job, consider whether or not to throw in an addition $50 to get the hardened seats installed at that time.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• CarlH
    • 720nut
    • PGL
    • rokon2813
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Andust
      Andust
    2. Noly
      Noly
      (69 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts