Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Nothern Tool seat cover on 7000/700 serires

2burning

Has anyone ever happened to try the Northern Tool seat cover #006311 on a 700 series AC or 7000 series Simplicity? They sent me some sale email with one of those in there, but I don't know if anyone else has tried that particular one or not. My local Theisons farm store doesn't have a good selection of these. Dimensions: 12in.L x 18in.W, seat back is less than 10in. high. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_29961_29961

the seat cover you linked to has one product reveiw listed it says this
quote:
"Cover that showed up is nothing like the one in the picture. For starters it says Cub Cadet on it and I purchased it for Bolens restoration so wanted at least a generic one, not one with the other guys brand on it. Also is described as less than 10" back. THe one I received has a back at least 18" tall so it won't even fit my seat pan. Other than being completely wrong, its a nice seat cover."

I put a $29 seat on my 3310 a couple of years ago. The previous seat wasn't original and had been bolted on to the fender. Turns out I had to drill four new holes to attach the new seat. It doesn't adjust, but I set it far back enough for my legs to fit comfortably. I guess the previous owner was shorter than me! Anyhow,, it was a fairly straightforward job. Measure the seat bolt holes carefully. In my case, they were pre-threaded. Transfer these measurements to the rear fender assembly. You have to flip the fender assembly up to get under it, and you have to hold everything with one hand while you start the first bolt, but id didn't take more than an hour. I'm really happy. Very comfortable and sturdy. Only thing is, the seat's some kinda surplus item. So embossed on the back are the words: "Cub Cadet." Oh well.

Yeah, I see that review, could be a little risky :/ The sale link doesn't seem to work anymore anyway, so I will probably keep my eye open for a different farm store that may have a better selection of covers. I really don't want to drill holes for a new seat, I want a new low back seat similar to factory that bolts right on, or a new seat cover, and it must also be cheap :> Thanks!

Quite a while back I bought a new, foam backed, trim-and-glue-in type seat cover for the seat frame on the 3416. The seat frame was still good, not rusted out. I checked with the eBay seller before bidding and the new cover was high quality and fit perfectly for short money. I dunno if they still are around on eBay. You could try a search for "glue in foam backed seat replacement" or something like that.

Everything I have ordered from this place has been pretty decent quality. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Riding-Lawn-mower-seat-Universal-Wheelhorse-MTDand-more_W0QQitemZ120171333437QQihZ002QQcategoryZ50377QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Purchased my 7016's seat at Farm and Fleet. It was about $55. Has many pre-threaded mounting patterns. Also, a slightly higher back and slightly wider than the factory seat. For mounting I had to slightly enlarge the front seat deck holes, and drill new rear holes. I reused the factory mounting cushions up front, and some GM body to frame rubber bushings for the rear mounts. This seat also has prethreaded holes on the back, which may be useful for mounting a toolbox, bottle holder, etc.