Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
richp

2 spool Powermax conversion Finished)

richp
As many know, the 616 and 4040 Powermax models came with one spool lift valve. I found a 2 spool 9020 valve and duel lever assy. on Ebay and started the install. The reason for this in my case is I want to angle my plow along with lift it hydraulically.

I originally wanted to use an external valve, but now I won't have to.

The old valve

The two valves next to each other.

New valve in the tractor. I will sell the old valve to get some of the money back. The nice thing about the old valve is it is a direct replacement to the 7100 series hydro lift valve but these have the float detent in them. Figured I would get some pictures of the finished project. Well worth the effort.

Need to get rid of the external valve.

D-17_Dave
Nice job Rich. Can you describe your plumbing with the external valve. Did you split off the rear lift from the 2 spool valve so your front output would work with the proper response?

richp
Dave, I never got a chance to plumb the external valve. I was gonna tap the line going to the single spool valve and then out the power beyond port on the external valve to feed the original valve. I ended up winning the ebay 9020 valve and going that way instead. I am using the rear lift cylinder to lift the plow and ran hoses up the right side for the second lever to run the angle cylinder. I wanted to run steel tubing but felt to do it right I would have to remove the engine. I just don't have time for that now. Funny, my yard has a ton of leaves and all my trees are mostly still green. So when the leaves decide to fall, I will be real busy.

JimS
That power angle would be nice to have! I was wondering about the blade attaching to the front axle though. Seems like that could be hard on the axle supports if you do any kind of hard pushing with it. Did you consider attaching the blade directly to the frame like the factory bracket?